I formerly reported on Android One and the spectacularly low cost operation projected by Google. While we was anticipating that Google-backed companies stay closer to a reduce extent of $50, the Google Android One phones indeed came out in India on Monday though during a tip extent suggested – during approximately $100.
On Monday, 3 heading mobile companies, Micromax, Karbonn and Spice, corroborated by Google, launched their Android One phones around 3 online portals, Amazon, SnapDeal and Flipkart, respectively. The verdict? Identical features, matching price, and even a freebies are identical.
Let’s take a demeanour during these phones one by one.
- Android v 4.4 KitKat
- 4.5 in. IPS Display (11.43 cm)
- 5 MP Primary Camera
- Dual SIM
- 1700mAh Lithium Polymer Battery
- 1 GB RAM
- 4 GB ROM Expandable adult to 32 GB
- 1.3 GHz Quadcore Processor
- Latest Updates by Android One
- 2 MP Front Camera
Available on SnapDeal, this phone has sole some-more than 5000 units. It comes with 15 months of warranty, guess a 3 additional months of guaranty on tip of a common 1 year fails to make any judicious clarity to me.
And usually a thought – where is a ‘blue’ in this model?!
- 5MP primary camera
- 4.5-inch FWVGA capacitive touchscreen
- Android v.4.4.4 KitKat
- 1.3GHz quad core processor
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB inner memory expandable adult to 32GB
- Dual SIM
- 1700mAH battery providing talk-time of 6 hours and standby time of 160 hours
Available on Amazon, this one has indeed sole out, that creates we consternation how many units they had available. This one comes with 1 year manufacturer’s guaranty for device and 6 months manufacturer’s guaranty for in-box accessories, including batteries, from a date of purchase.
- Wi-Fi Enabled and FM Radio
- 5 MP Primary Camera and 2 MP Secondary Camera
- 1.3 GHz Quad Core Processor
- Dual Sim (GSM + GSM)
- Android v4.4.4 (KitKat) OS
- Expandable Storage Capacity of 32 GB
- 4.5-inch LCD Capacitive Touchscreen
This one is accessible on Flipkart, India’s largest online selling portal.
One thing that immediately stands out to me is their really identical features. Each one carrying 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, 1 GB RAM, 4 GB inner with outmost support adult to 32 GB, 5 MP back and 2 MP front camera, 4.5 in. display. While this can lead to a formidable diversion of spot-the-difference, it gives us plenty guess that Google told these companies, “OK, here are a lowest smallest specs authorised in these phones“.
Surprisingly, if a similarities didn’t finish there, check out these freebies.
Free Gifts With Each Purchase
Karbonn Android One Sparkle V Blue
- Airtel Offer: Free Software Upgrades App Downloads.
- Free Snapdeal Coupons Worth Rs 2,000 (Valid Up To 2 Months)
- Free Recharge Worth Rs 200 From FreeCharge (2 Codes Worth Rs 100 each)
Micromax Canvas A1
- Free Amazon.in Coupons value Rs.2,000.
- Free Strontium 8GB MicroSDHC Memory Card.
- 10% Cash Back on State Bank Debit Credit cards.
- 1,610 propitious purchasers to get Amazon.in Gift Cards value adult to Rs.10,000.
- Free program upgrades and app downloads for 6 months on a Micromax Canvas A1 Smartphone, applicable for Airtel users.
Spice Android One Dream UNO Mi-498
- Free screenguard in a box
- On your squeeze of Spice Dream Uno Android One phone get Rs. 200 recharge from FreeCharge.
- Rs.1,500 Myntra App disdainful offer for Spice Android One phone
Even a freebies are similar! The freebies giveaway creates it looks some-more like end-of-season clearing sale than a reward first-in-the-world product launch.
- Karbonn Android One Sparkle V Blue – INR 6399 (USD 105)
- Micromax Canvas A1 – INR 6499 (USD 106)
- Spice Android One Dream UNO Mi-498 – INR 6299 (USD 104)
Food for thought: instead of loading a buyers with ‘freebies’ they substantially never wanted, couldn’t a cost been slashed to a some-more reasonable range? Google’s prophesy was to commission some-more people with Android by providing Android phones during a really low cost (I quoted them here) and these freebies, like each other freebies, usually combined to a cost unnecessarily.
But what is Android One? Android One is not a new chronicle of an Android handling system, though some-more of a concept. When your phone is using Android One, it means that we have the latest Android Operating System that isn’t tweaked by a phone manufacturer. It also means that we are betrothed an upgrade to a latest Android versions for subsequent 2 years as shortly as they come out. Pretty amazing, deliberation that we are mostly contingent on a handset companies to accept updates. The subsequent chronicle slated for recover is Android L.
On a sidenote, a 3rd peep sale of Xiaomi Redmi 1S (Hongmi 1S for many of you) was last Tuesday and 40,000 models were sole out in 3.5 seconds. In India, it costs USD98. In light of existent competition, a Android One phones have never looked worse.
My verdict? Entry turn phones with decent facilities during a cost that could have simply been slashed. That flattering most sums up the most hyped Android One phone from Google.